How would you like to ensure a successful and reusable marketing campaign launch? Last week we began an examination of 5 essential keys to make that possible. Remember, once you have these basics down, you can use them over and over again. First, a quick review…
The 5 essential keys are:
- Define your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
- Put an effective sales offer to work
- Avoid marketing pitfalls
- Develop a world-class marketing perspective
- Get results!
Last week we looked at the first three essentials. Today, we examine the last two.
Develop a world-class marketing perspective
Developing and utilizing a World-Class marketing perspective is important – especially if you want to attract customers/clients from all over the world. You can do this with a number of different techniques and activities:
- Keep a marketing journal and scribble down anything innovative you see.
- Keep encouraging your marketing department, as well as yourself, to try new things and dump the ones that aren’t working.
- Order from your own company under a different name and analyze the process of ordering, shipping, online store navigation, customer service and the product itself. This will show you where there are areas for improvement in the customer experience.
- Read every quality ad you can find and keep a file for future ideas to consider.
- When out in public, watch how consumers behave in different situations and how they consider their purchases.
- Step down a notch or two and work on the front lines with your sales and customer service staff.
- Continuously acknowledge your staff, vendors and customers. Everyone works and shops better when they feel appreciated.
- Always listen to feedback from employees and customers.
- Continuously test markets, ads, and marketing techniques. This is the only way to stay successful and know what’s working and, more importantly, what’s not.
- Offer more information in your marketing than anyone else. The more information you offer, the more products/services you’ll sell.
- A great marketing plan can only get better. Continue to fine tune and refine your marketing plan based on testing results and feedback.
- Be classy in your marketing. Make sure your marketing and advertising fits your company image, products/service and quality.
- Improve your best marketing ideas.
- Develop all your ads, campaigns and sales materials with an attention to compelling and factual information.
By using these techniques you can put your name out there to the world and become one of the top brands in your industry.
The last area we are going to talk about is the best-satisfied customers. If your customers aren’t satisfied, you’ve wasted all your marketing resources and any chance of positive word-of-mouth advertising. You can satisfy your customers by:
- Providing quality products/services
- Providing high quality customer service
- Providing a low-pressure, highly informative sales experience
- Taking all the risk away with a great guarantee
To generate more business there are a couple of simple techniques that work every time:
- Build your database with a contest.
- Do regular mailings with sales, discounts, or other incentives.
- Find other creative ways to keep your current customers coming back for more.
“As long as the reward is directly related to your product or service, you can’t lose. Why not get started today? It’s so simple, it’s so seldom done, and it’s so profitable. And that’s the bottom line.” Jay Abraham
It is so simple! So, why aren’t you starting today? I can help you put together a great marketing plan that will get you results. I utilize the E-Learning Marketing System to help businesses just like yours increase their leads, their revenue and their profit margin. To see what this system can do for you take this guided tour.
Generating leads and creating prospects is great! But your business doesn’t thrive unless you can convert those prospects into customers. However, you are not looking for just any customers. You want loyal customers who come back to do business with you over and over again. Today, we’ll examine a few tactics which can help you in this process.
Keep in mind the buying decision for your prospects begins with their very first introduction to you and/or your business. In order to establish a great foundation upon which to build a relationship, you need to be:
Realize one of the greatest fears most new customers deal with is buyer’s remorse. You can make great strides in mitigating this fear if you provide a quality product/service that delivers on the marketing claims you’ve made.
To further put your prospect’s mind at ease and encourage them to take the plunge to do business with you, you can remove much of the risk involved in the purchase. Two ways to accomplish this is to:
- Offer a “no questions asked” refund policy
- Offer a bonus customers can keep even if they return the product
These two offers can successfully address the fear of buyer’s remorse. Simply by offering these guarantees, you also create a level of trust which generates a situation in which the prospect is more likely to decide to do business with you as opposed to your competition.
In addition to removing risk from the buying equation by offering guarantees, there are numerous other tactics you can utilize to turn a prospect into a customer:
- Offer a special price as an opportunity for you to test the market.
- Offer a lower price with an explanation that you are pushing inventory to pay a tax bill, pay for your kid’s’ braces, or some other tangible reason. This makes you more human and relatable to your customers.
- Offer a referral incentive.
- Offer a smaller, more inexpensive product for the first transaction to build trust.
- Offer package deals.
- Offer to charge less for their first purchase if they become a repeat customer.
- Offer extra incentives such as longer warranties or free bonuses if ordered by a set date.
- Offer financing options, if applicable.
- Offer a bonus if they pay in full.
- Offer special packaging or delivery.
- Offer “name your own price” incentives.
- Offer comparative data or other comparison tools.
- Offer a trade-up or upgrade to something they already have.
- Offer additional, educational information to help them make the decision.
The opportunities to create trusting relationships with your prospects are limitless. Experiment with various tactics to discover what works best for your business, products/service and target market.
Consider these words from Jay Abraham…
“By making it inviting, easy, informative, non-threatening, educational, inspiring and fun to do business with you, you’ll loft your company above the competition.”
Do you need assistance to determine your best strategy for converting prospects into customers? Our FREE test drive of our marketing system gives you exclusive access to a mountain of resources and tools, along with information from some of the greatest marketing minds on Earth.